Wednesday 23 May 2012

First Blog Ever!!

I feel like since this is my first post it should be something epic...but the sad fact is that at this moment I really am not quite sure what to say. There are only two blogs that I read,1) Amanda Hockings... because she is the first person I found out about having success @ Kindle publishing and it intrigued me and 2.) I look in on Joseph Talluto's blog for his zombie series, White Flag of the Dead. 
I like zombie books,which is strange because I am probably one of the biggest chickens out there.


Anyways... I am writing this blog with absolutely no one out there to read it, but who knows- maybe one day thousands of people will look at my blog. (LOL)


Amanda Hocking's blog seems to be filled with a bunch of random thoughts, where Joseph Talluto's blog is more strictly about his book.. (note to self, I think I need to look at other blogs to try and get a feeling about what they are about.) I feel kind of weird just writing random things and sending it off into cyber space, but I am going to do it and hope that it helps to promote my books. 


Speaking of my books, Duke of the Undead is AMAZING me. Not that its selling a ton of books, because its not :( but that the reviews I have gotten are SO good. None of my other books have even gotten a reviews, except one and Duke of the Undead has gotten 3!! Yes, 3 and I am proud of it because they are all good. 3/5, 4/5 and 5/5 Stars!. 

The worst thing that someone had to say about my book (aside from it was GORY, but hey its a zombie book) was that I did not give a reason for the zombie outbreak. Which was because of 2 reasons.1) It is based in Historical England (think the times of Dukes, and Kings, Earls etc...) I just honestly do not think that they would have the technology to know what in the heck is going on. No one is studying it, (at least so far) they are just running for their lives on horses and in carriages.Which I think gives the book a totally fresh view of zombies... getting away from the modern day, lets pull out our automatic weapons and blast the zombies, thing... It's a completely different style of fighting and surviving. They have guns but they are only single shot duelling pistols, most of the fighting is done with swords. They are not safe inside a car driving 100 km/hr they are on horseback and exposed, carriages can be easily tipped over. I find the situation really interesting. But I am getting away from my original thought which is 2) the book is part of a series and it may not have gotten mentioned in the first  book but there are at least 3 more books to follow... I have to leave a little mystery. 

 Anyways, I am having a little difficulty getting myself working on the second book in the Un Dead series, titled March of the Undead. Which is crazy, because I am really excited about the book... I feel like I have finally found a style of writing in the first book, that is as close to the professional style of writing. I hate to admit it, but before I wasnt really using dialoug to tell my story, which I feel like I am doing more of now. So that makes me excited!!!

Anyways, now that I have broken the ice on my blog writing I am going to go and try to write a bit on my book.I am up to about 15 000 words so far.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment